Can I hire a member of staff on a part-time or full-time basis?
- All members of your household staff must be sponsored by you or must be hired through a professional agency. For more information please refer to the household staff fact sheet.
How can I obtain an entry permit for my maid?
- Please contact your community security office.
I would like to hire a part-time/full-time maid on a regular basis who is on someone else’s sponsorship. Can this person be issued with an entry permit to the community?
- No. Entry permits will be only be issued for maids under the sponsorship of unit owners or tenants. As per local law, a person can only work for you as a maid or another household staff member, if he/she is sponsored by you, or if you hire the services of an individual through a reputable agency. You cannot employ a person on someone else’s sponsorship, even if they obtain a NOC from their sponsor. This is illegal and you could be fined up to AED 100,000 by the local authorities.
I have friends in other communities and would like to visit them occasionally. Do I need to obtain an entry permit to enter other communities?
- No. You do not need to obtain an entry permit to enter other communities as you are considered a visitor.
I want to work in units other than my sponsor’s on a part-time basis. Can I do so?
- No. According to local law, it is illegal to work for anyone other than the household that sponsors you.